Final Music Video

Below is our final music video, album cover and official band website.

Website

Album Cover

Album Cover

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What music means to me

My autobiography in music:

Childhood (Age 5-8)

Get a Haircut - George Thorogood and the Destroyers


  • My main music influence as a child came from my Dad's music, which ranged from punk rock (Sex Pistols, Undertones), folk rock (Johnny Cash) and harder rock (AC/DC and Motorhead) from the gigs/concerts he took me to see
  • This particular track was a personal favourite for reasons I've now forgotten, but I can remember listening to it together

Pre-teen (Age 12)

Sugar - System of a Down

  • 11-13 saw a change in influence from my secondary school friends and the gigs/concerts I was going to
  • System of a Down, Placebo and Rammstein were 3 bands in particular that I was introduced to/recommended at the time
  • This song was a favourite within our friendship group to listen to together

Now (Age 17)

Grace - Jeff Buckley

  • Over my teenage years my music taste has broadened due to going to many music festivals/gigs at the Roundhouse of unsigned bands to listen to different genres
  • Jeff Buckley represents one new strand of my music taste, more folksy rock with an emphasis on the vocal artist. His unique voice and musical style, seperates him from other music I listen to making him one of my current favourites

No comments:

Post a Comment